pancettaFrom €12,95 per 500 gram
Pancetta is a delicious Italian meat. It is made from the piece of meat from the lower abdomen of the pig. The structure is compact yet delicate. It can be eaten raw or baked.
Pancetta is a seasoned piece of meat which is then dried in salt. The color is light pink. It is delicious in slices as well as in cubes. The meat has a wonderfully salty taste and is prepared with various spices.
|Possible shipping||: Netherlands and Belgium|
Ingredients: Pork and salt
The Dutch cheese house gets this pancetta directly from Italy. This means it is always fresh and affordable. The meat has never been frozen and we deliver it refrigerated to your home . Ordered before 09:00 is delivered today!
Do you really want to know everything about pancetta? Our specialist in the field of Italian meat has written an extensive blog about this Italian specialty. You read it here.
What does pancetta taste like?
Pancetta has a typical taste that you often find in pork. It’s a bit like bacon, but without the intense smoke taste. Because the product has been naturally aged for 3 months, it tastes much more delicate and finer factory-made bacon. The meat has a high fat percentage and is therefore nice and full of flavour.
Because the product is prepared in a natural way, you can taste a big difference with normal bacon. It is not for nothing that the Italians love this variant so much.
How is pancetta made?
It takes about 3 months to make pancetta because the meat ripens naturally.
- Pork belly is seasoned with salt, pepper and other spices such as coriander and fennel.
- The meat is then placed in the refrigerator for 7 to 10 days so that it stiffens.
- The meat is now washed and brushed so that all the herbs are gone. Then it is seasoned again with pepper.
- The meat is tightly rolled into the shape of a cylinder. After this, a butcher’s rope goes around it that keeps the meat in its shape.
- The meat is then hung in a dry dark room to ripen . This will take approximately 3 weeks.
500 grams, 1kg, 3.5kg (whole piece)
|Verkrijgbaar in deze vorm|
A whole lot
|Land van herkomst|
Baking pizza, barbecuing